Sketchbook work

Been trying to work out some stuff through drawing, but I spoke to Luke for a bit today as I need to figure some stuff out, and he was saying that if I want to make it this service [which gives it a context] then maybe the most important thing I need to work out is the discussion cues and how they work, rather than what the actual thing is. So if I decide it isn't this canvassing/recording service then it's more about the actual object and how discussion happens in that, but then obviously this would need a revised context and reason for being or maybe it could just literally be a space for discussion which is placed in contexts. They're both kind of similar aims though, I guess, just one seems more playful than the other. Another point was that the audience/broadcasting idea kind of detracts from the whole confessional idea so scrapping that.

I was thinking though... if I do have this provoker/devils advocate person in one side of the confessional booth will it detract from the flow of conversation? I don't think it would be as organic, but if I didn't have them, would discussion happen at all? Or would it just be two people in a box feeling kind of awkward? And do I want it to be a continuous conversation, so two people begin, one person leaves and someone else comes in and then the first person leaves so another person comes in or is it just snap shots, so both have to come out and then a new pair goes in and in that case is there just one over-arching question/topic or lot's of little ones? Or will the fact it's people on a constant rotation mean that every new person takes the conversation forwards and/or into a new area. I'm inclined to trust to the latter as it's more in line with my project but I have no idea whether that will happen or not.

Also I was wondering if it should work for more than two people, whether that would be better... like an ideal conversation number. maybe it's three...

anywho, sketchbook stuff, yay:












No comments: