Tutorials with Matt and Sean


Despite the fact it was post-Ball and highly amusing, this week's mentor group tutorial was pretty helpful. Mostly it was just a case of carrying on with what I'm doing but taking things further, so I need to start turning my drawings into models and working out how to implement then within debate. I like the idea of using the debating society as a platform on which I can experiment with various ideas in an attempt to affect the debate. I asked Matt about my context report as well, but he said I shouldn't really be worrying about what I'm doing because there is loads to write about. Along with a tutorial with Sean, that helped me sort a few things out. I'd been uneasy about the outline I gave in and I realised that it was for good reason as I wasn't really hitting any of the right points with it.

Now I'm a bit more focused and I'm working on planning and writing parts of it so I can give in a version of it by the first week of the holidays. Sean basically gave me a load of examples of books and also how politicians have been managed like Harold Wilson being given a pipe so his hand gestures look less aggressive and more thoughtful. He also encouraged me to look into mental manipulation, brainwashing, spin doctors etc
. My project is exploding out at the moment, but the areas that open up to me, the more engaged I'm becoming with it. I have a lot to do but it's good because it's all things that I'm really interested.

No comments: